Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News From the Round Table Panel

Congrats David. Good to see that someone is now tasked to help the game evolve further. And I hope the books get out soon.

At the panel, it was revealed that Book of Sires will be the first out of the gate, sometime around November. So, the quick answer to dwarinpt is Book of Sires is not out. That may be why Khanwulf is having problems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarinpt View Post
    Is Book of Sires already out?
    No. And that's causing me physical pain. <insert take my money meme here>

Thanks all for the kind words. I've updated the original post in the thread to include a link to the MP3 recording of the panel, in case you'd like to listen to the whole thing.

The news provided here is so exciting for the game - if somebody puts a timeline for production together, I'm in all the way. Pendragon is basically my favourite fantasy system to run with, and the quality of the material is unsurpassed. The notices here have already had me prioritising my gaming calender for future purchases and campaigns.

Regarding place-names in these books (especially regarding Sires and maybe Castle): I guess we wil get the old (Saxonised) ones, ignoring the newish naming system (which was abolished)??

I still find so much confusion when I try to look at place names lists, for example in Book of the Warlord.
    I hope that thew new partnership with Chaosium will help Nocturnal to correct in updated versions of Estate/Warlord/Uther.
    It's so odd to have different books with different names (especially for somebody like me who is not so familiar with local-level geography in UK).

Congratulations on your new role David, your website, podcasts & solo GPC experience were an inspiration to many and give me confidence the game will thrive. Here's to many years of success!
    Alea jacta est, and all that jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Cherstich View Post
    Regarding place-names in these books (especially regarding Sires and maybe Castle): I guess we wil get the old (Saxonised) ones, ignoring the newish naming system (which was abolished)??

I still find so much confusion when I try to look at place names lists, for example in Book of the Warlord.
    I hope that thew new partnership with Chaosium will help Nocturnal to correct in updated versions of Estate/Warlord/Uther.
    It's so odd to have different books with different names (especially for somebody like me who is not so familiar with local-level geography in UK).
    I'd like to echo this point. Researching--trying to connect the place-names in the books with the place-names used today, is extremely difficult. I've had to resort to Google Maps, and then guessing, which is one reason more detailed maps of other counties have been needed (and covered in other threads).

Back to Book of Sires for a moment: has there been a decision on the price point? Will need to budget.

--Khanwulf

Quote Originally Posted by Khanwulf View Post
    I'd like to echo this point. Researching--trying to connect the place-names in the books with the place-names used today, is extremely difficult. I've had to resort to Google Maps, and then guessing, which is one reason more detailed maps of other counties have been needed (and covered in other threads).
    --Khanwulf
    Sooner or later we NEED a Pendragon Atlas!! (I know I have said this also other times...but still I feel that we need it!)-

Exciting news! Especially following Paladins, I'm quite happy to see Myrmidons and Samurai in the pipeline. Also quite excited about the Book of Magic.

Will Myrmidon be set in the time of Achilles, Ulisses and the Troyan war? What will be the scope of the book? Very focused like Pendragon's Britain or broader like Paladins Europe?

Regarding Samurai, will it be anachronistic and include ninjas? Being a time of chinese influence, will it include other cultures of the mainland.

Finally, will Chaosium only help in distribution or will they be involved in production? More specifically, will we see a change in art or graphic design? Don't get me wrong Pendragon and Paladins are beautiful but what Chaosium is piutting out there these days is simply stunning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast