Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glory for excessive spending question

For me motivation is a large part in how I would reward such things (and maybe all actions taken by PKs)
    The examples:
    1) Sir Moneybags giving a gift to Lady Rich Widow. Since it is not amor I would probably give a check for Selfish and/or Worldly (His focus are the huge tracts of land he is getting). If it is to increase his family's status and wealth a Love (Family) may be in order.

2) Sir RTK gives his friends matching cloaks and badges. I would give them all a check on their loyalty (Order). In this case I could give him also a check on his generous, as he is sharing his good fortune.

Do I give glory in these instances?
    In the first one probably not. Its all part of the wooing of a lady and in the end there is a reward in glory (if he succeeds). Even if the motivation was amor I would probably not give any glory for just the gift.
    In the second one I would probably be more tempted to reward him with the glory, although if they got/get glory for joining the order I would not. The reward again is the membership in itself. Although you could argue that the order is more visible and as such each member should then get more glory, not only the giftgiver. I would probably give the giftgiver more as everyone knows that he gave that to his fellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    For me motivation is a large part in how I would reward such things (and maybe all actions taken by PKs)
    The examples:
    1) Sir Moneybags giving a gift to Lady Rich Widow. Since it is not amor I would probably give a check for Selfish and/or Worldly (His focus are the huge tracts of land he is getting). If it is to increase his family's status and wealth a Love (Family) may be in order.

2) Sir RTK gives his friends matching cloaks and badges. I would give them all a check on their loyalty (Order). In this case I could give him also a check on his generous, as he is sharing his good fortune.

Do I give glory in these instances?
    In the first one probably not. Its all part of the wooing of a lady and in the end there is a reward in glory (if he succeeds). Even if the motivation was amor I would probably not give any glory for just the gift.
    In the second one I would probably be more tempted to reward him with the glory, although if they got/get glory for joining the order I would not. The reward again is the membership in itself. Although you could argue that the order is more visible and as such each member should then get more glory, not only the giftgiver. I would probably give the giftgiver more as everyone knows that he gave that to his fellows.
    Hmmm - I totally did NOT give the gift-giver checks in his generous! I will have to rectify that error at our next game.
    The PKs receive no glory for joining the Order. It is a PC based order, and only has PKs as members.

Thanks to both Morien and Cornelius for the comments.
    I have fought my fight, I have lived my life,
    I have drunk my share of wine.
    From Trier to Cologne ‘twas never a knight
    Lived a merrier life than mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12