Coming back to this a bit late, but would also like to thank you Ruben for weighing in.

1. Yes, it was clear that the intent was to spike armor damage on a crit, as well as bound the upper limits of damage into a more consistent midrange. Do you have any comments on the main complaint associated with this? That it makes SIZ even more important than it already is? You either have those damage dice to roll, or you don't, after all!

2. Since Paladin came out I've read ... more of the source texts than I should have, frankly. Mostly Innamorato and Furioso, but still. And yes, armor damage, exhausted opponents and the like seem to be more of a trope in KC than in the sources for KAP--where knights are little energizer bunnies until they stop fighting and fall over.

3. Again with the tropes. A counter mechanical proposal? For every point of HP under 50%, apply a -1 penalty. That should have you well and truly weaving by the time you hit uncon threshold. Basically: unhealthy == penalty or naptime.

5. Would you mind posting what you recommend as the corrected text? Could we expect an errated version of the book, later?

7. So basically, paladins and other highly passionate knights (since Honor is not the exclusive trait to check) will tend to acquire more Honor over time, faster, by swearing dreadful oaths. How do you propose to deal with the unbounded acquisition of Honor that will inevitably occur in play? Rocking +10 to skill is cool until it's done all the time thanks to 39+ Honor. I suppose that guy (or gal, um, Marfisa?) is the stuff of legends and wins contests versus Roland, though.

I actually found it clear that for the sake of the [supernaturally-driven] setting Charlemagne is especially blessed and serves as an artificial focal point for divine favor in wholely unrealistic (and unscriptural) ways.

--Khanwulf

PS. Dedicated subforum? Soon?