Thread: BackerKits are out now for TSL!

Cool BackerKits are out now for TSL!

As a backer for The Savage Land KickStarter, I can confirm that the BackerKits have been sent out and now comes the wait for the product. People have been working hard to ensure that we actually see the product we ordered and despite the delay, I'm happy with how this is being resolved.

It was a shock with Stewart's tragic passing but he certainly had the right people around who have been making the effort to ensure that all of his projects are being made good on for his backers. He was certainly one of the titans of the industry and his presence will certainly be missed. His brother Steve has had to deal with this tragedy and despite the pain he must certainly be feeling, he still stepped in and has been doing a lot of work to settle Stewart's affairs and he has certainly worked hard so that his brother's legacy is one ending with some great games that we'll love playing rather than a bunch of unfulfilled promises and disappointed gamers. To all of you who have made sure that these projects get finished and will get shipped, you have our heartfelt thanks. I think Stewart would have wanted things to end like this.

I am curious at what Nocturnal's future is going to be. Hopefully we'll see more good things coming out from this company in the future--the current list of games and projects is pretty impressive. It would be sad to see Nocturnal go since my experiences so far have been extremely positive and I'd look forward to seeing this company continue on to even more greatness.

Talislanta has been pretty hard on most of it's game companies: even WotC--producers of Third Edition Talislanta--is not an independent entity anymore. That is a shame since it is a great game and it does deserve a more prominent position in any listing of great game settings and rulesets. My hopes is that The Savage Land Will introduce more gamers to the world of Archaeus and the continent of Talislanta.
    Last edited by SmokinDeist; 08-01-2017 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Poor grammar, clarification

Thank you for the kind words.
    I agree about Stewart, of course.

I don't think anyone knows the next step for Nocturnal.
    I am confident that we will let everyone know, as soon as we do!
    -- Greg Stafford
    Game Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDeist View Post

Talislanta has been pretty hard on most of it's game companies: even WotC--producers of Third Edition Talislanta--is not an independent entity anymore. That is a shame since it is a great game and it does deserve a more prominent position in any listing of great game settings and rulesets. My hopes is that The Savage Land Will introduce more gamers to the world of Archaeus and the continent of Talislanta.
    So Talislanta is it's own version of the Amiga Curse? Every company that took up the Amiga after Commedore folded has folded itself.