Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book of Records errata and bug reports

Re: Book of Records errata and bug reports

Foxworthy, I'm happy to report we were able to fix the bug where the Chivalry bonus was leaving out the Modest score. It will be posted in the v1.1 update. Which will be posted as soon as I can figure out the best fix for the other issue you reported — the limit of 18 on Attributes. This is proving to be a little bit trickier, since the restrictions change based on your culture. If worse comes to worse, we'll just remove the constraints altogether. But I'm trying to find a smarter way to do it. Thanks for your patience!

T.
    “Only a fool wants war, but once a war starts then it cannot be fought half-heartedly. It cannot even be fought with regret, but must be waged with a savage joy in defeating the enemy, and it is that savage joy that inspires our bards to write their greatest songs about love and war.”

― Bernard Cornwell, Excalibur

We've also fixed the bug that prohibited users of Adobe Reader from saving data. Silly little thing. It will also be included in the 1.1 update, which will happen as soon as we settle on a solution for the Max Attribute issue.

Thanks!

T.
    “Only a fool wants war, but once a war starts then it cannot be fought half-heartedly. It cannot even be fought with regret, but must be waged with a savage joy in defeating the enemy, and it is that savage joy that inspires our bards to write their greatest songs about love and war.”

Because I thought I was losing my mind, I went and checked and yes — Mac users can save data in Adobe Reader without having to prep the file in a special way. I've always been able to save data in Reader — have been doing it for years — so I was scratching my head a little when people were reporting not being able to save in Reader. Turns out I have save the file as an "Extended PDF" to extend this basic functionality to Windows users. P'ft...

Sorry about that, my Knights of Redmond. I didn't even know to ask the question. So a fix for this is definitely on the way. If we can't fix this other big quickly (the Max Attributes issue) we'll repost with the restrictions of ATTs lifted until we can find a better way.

Thanks again, for reporting the issues and for your patience over the holidays.

T.

The Book of Records, Vol. 1: Knights v1.1 is available now on DriveThru RPG. We fixed or addressed all of the issues reported to-date, namely:

1.) Modest Trait now included in Chivalry bonus calculation.

2.) Windows users should now be able to save data in Adobe Reader.

3.) Regarding the ATT limits. We were not able to make the min/max values "smart" when multiple cultures are in play — though we will continue to work on this. Until we can deliver a better solution, we've simply removed the min/max constraints. So at least now you can use the sheet with your SIZ 22 Cymric Death Machine.

Get the update here.

Best,

T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12