Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wife candidate generator

As some of you may have noticed, the website (Jesper's) hosting the wife generator program has been down quite some time. While I am talking with Thijs about alternatives, like him hosting it on DrPendragon webpage, I have been too busy to really pursue it right now. Another alternative would be a BotEnt -compliant wife generator, but naturally we'd need permission from Nocturnal for that.

In any case, here are some zipped text files to tide people over. They should be pretty self-explanatory: random means that father's class was random, while vassal means it was set to a vassal knight (the most common father-in-law class for PKs).

And some more, which I didn't manage to fit into a single post.

I figured that Saxon wives would be such a rare occurrence (such as Post-Badon) that one file would do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"Hey, what about us Picts? Don't we get one?"
    "And, I be wondering 'bout us too. Although it would be wonderful to return to the emerald isle, I'm thinking the sea be a bit too dangerous to travel on"

Civilized Picts: Just use the Cymric ones and slap an APP penalty. Assuming Picts still get the -3 APP.

If you are a Heathen Pict from the Highlands, you need to die in a fire, you ambushing, treacherous so and so!

"No one would go to Ireland for a wife, right Mark!"

Quote Originally Posted by Khanwulf View Post
    Cymric Pagans would do well enough. Culturally they are not that far off, if you are considering the civilized Irish of Leinster, etc.

Besides... if you are going to go and get a wife from Ireland, Pictland or the Continent (apart from Cymric Brittany), I would HOPE that the GM has some idea what he wants to throw at you, rather than just roll randomly. Or if he rolls randomly, he ought to be able to adapt the random write-up to match what he has in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Morien View Post
    Cymric Pagans would do well enough. Culturally they are not that far off, if you are considering the civilized Irish of Leinster, etc.

Besides... if you are going to go and get a wife from Ireland, Pictland or the Continent (apart from Cymric Brittany), I would HOPE that the GM has some idea what he wants to throw at you, rather than just roll randomly. Or if he rolls randomly, he ought to be able to adapt the random write-up to match what he has in mind.
    Just yanking your chain, Morien. Thank you for the files, they'll be useful.
    IMO, I think all lady candidates should be personalized, though there's an old-school appeal to rolling randomly for something that so intimately may screw up a PK's life (or, complete it).

--Khanwulf

Quote Originally Posted by Khanwulf View Post
    But the history of the Picts say they did.

Aaaaaah. This will tide me over while we (hopefully) get a permanent solution.

This is great, Morien, thanks! Any chance you could make the source code available?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234