Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squire Generator

Re: Squire Generator

Yes, Jasper, I quite agree. I probably would use different combat skill defaults (and do), but it is Snaggle's baby. Those higher defaults that I posted were for 21-year old. Granted, an argument could be made that the 15-year old would not even have all the non-combat defaults at so 'high' a value, but that is nitpicking, in my opinion.

[quote author=Leodegrance link=topic=2011.msg16159#msg16159 date=1372463551]
    Son of vassal knight, dispossessed will seek to recover fee once knighted

Also more information on Distinguished Franklin would be helpful.

what does it mean? Thanks!
    [/quote]

Vassal Knights were often dispossessed of their fees/fiefs. I put this in as a story hook with PK aiding the dispossessed to regain their fee. The Fee could have been usurped by a cousin, an uncle or the Lord himself. The GM needs to write their own scenario around this.
    "
    Franklins were the class just below Knights and sometimes they were offered Knighthood. Freemen were called "Franks" in England and "Franklin" means "little Frank". The common Franklin held half a hide of land and they are the class from which most stewards would have come from and even most sheriffs. Unlike Knights they could start with Stewardship and Industry as skills and most also had a knowledge of Latin and could both read and write it at at least a basic level. Members of PK's lineages who are not Knights will mainly be Franklins. A Distinguished Franklin has already done military service and enough glory to become a Knight. They don't have the Knightly Combat skills and need to be trained in them. I was using Perseval from Chretien de Troyes as a model for them.

[quote author=JMV link=topic=2011.msg16166#msg16166 date=1372538808]

Lancealot: I do not know exactly what you mean by manorial upkeep, could you explain?

[/quote]

Book of Manor system of opposed rolls between stewardship and fate/weather, that gives income from manors as a result.

Please tell me the site isn't gone forever? I'm having shortness of breath thinking of my life GM'ing without the lady/knight generators.

I find I cannot visit the site to access the generator. Help?

Alas, Jesper's site (and with it, the knight, wife and squire generators) has been down for months if not years already. I do have my original knight & wife generators in python code, so I could easily run like 10000 instances and save into a text file, host that in Dropbox or something and include a download link, if people think that would be useful.

Thijs is hosting a lot of neat programs in: http://drpendragon.com
    These include the knight generator that we had worked on for Book of the Warlord, too.

Alas, for the squire generator, one would have to contact Snaggle or code it from scratch since he was kind enough to post the instructions on how his program rolls it. Frankly, you can do it by hand if you only need a couple, based on his instructions in this thread. (Now, I personally happen to disagree with his Origins table quite a lot, so I would rather replace the Origins table with something like that in BoEnt. Keeping in mind that the BotEnt was intended for NPC followers of Vassal Knight PKs, who'd likely soon be amongst the higher glory knights in the County. It was not intended to represent every possible squire background.)
    Last edited by Morien; 04-12-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Aye, this post was the first step I took in trying to find out what happened to the site. I'm not terribly bothered with the squire generator, but the knight and especially the wife generator I used pretty much every time I ran the game. I've tried reaching out to Jesper through email, facebook and other means, but I'm not able to make contact to host the content somewhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12